Think of your retirement as a three-legged stool: Social Security is the first leg, your employer-sponsored plan and IRAs are the second leg, and the third leg is your non-retirement investments and savings.
In this episode of the Wealth Is in the Details Podcast, Peter Raskin focuses on the first leg, Social Security, and how it fits into your personal investment plan.
In this episode, you will learn:
- How much of your pre-retirement income Social Security is meant to replace
- When to start collecting the benefit to make the most of your money
- Why the latest you should start collecting Social Security is at age 70
- The numerous ways to maximize your benefit by using spousal benefits (even for a former spouse)
- Reasons to review your monthly SSA statement, even if you aren’t already accessing the benefit
- And more!
Tune in with Peter Raskin and learn how to make the most of your Social Security benefit in retirement.
Resources: Raskin Planning Group | The United States Social Security Administration
Disclosure: The is not intended to be a substitute for professional investing advice always seek the advice of your financial adviser or other qualified financial service provider with any questions you may have regarding your investment planning.
Peter Raskin is a registered representative of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Securities offered through Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp., a broker/dealer. Member SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Sagemark Consulting, a division of Lincoln Financial Advisors, a registered investment advisor. Insurance offered through Lincoln affiliates and other fine companies. Raskin Planning Group is not an affiliate of Lincoln Financial Advisors.
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. You may want to consult a legal or tax advisor regarding any legal or tax information as it relates to your personal circumstances